🇫🇷2/26 - Victor Hugo's Birthday
Victor Hugo is a famous French writer who wrote the novels 'Les Misérables' and 'The Hunchback of Notre-Dame'.
• Born: Victor-Marie Hugo 26 February 1802 Besançon, France
• Died: 22 May 1885 (aged 83) Paris, France
• Occupation: Poet, novelist, dramatist, essayist, politician
• Genre: Novel, poetry, theater
• Literary movement Romanticism
• Notable works: Les Misérables, Ruy Blas, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame
Victor-Marie Hugo is considered one of the greatest and best-known French writers. During his more than 60 years of literary career, he has authored abundantly in a variety of genres, including lyrics, satire, epic, philosophical poetry, epitaph, fiction, history, critical essay, political speech, funeral oratory, diary, and public. His most famous works outside of France are the novels 'Les Misérables' and 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame'. In France, Hugo was at the forefront of the Romantic literary movement. A musical based on his novels, many of his works inspired music both during his life and after death. During his lifetime, he painted over 4,000 paintings and campaigned for social causes such as the abolition of the death penalty.
Go back to TriPriend now to ask TPs in France for more information!✈